After months of stagnation I finally got around to hacking my newsscript a bit again, due to a request from a client that uses a modified version of the script.
I have implemented a nifty calendar function.
View this site's calendar now.
Getting a calendar working proved not to be too great a deal, but getting the code to more or less validate did. It's virtually impossible to create a calender without resorting to tables so I didn't even try, I found some code on devarticles.com
that did almost what I wanted but that left out a few cells at the end of certain months. I found the solution to that in a comment on the PHP manual page for the
, this comment seems to have disappeared however.
Adding some database logic to those combined snippets wasn't too hard so this site is now the proud owner of a calendar where you can see how little I actually publish each month. For what it's worth.
I'll test the system out for a few weeks and roll it into the distribution so you can take a peek.